Monday, April 12, 2010

See what the experts have to say about Ribera del Duero




As some of you may know, I was fortunate enough to take a month long adventure to Spain last September. I saved all my pesos/euros/pennies/whatever and mapped out a wine, food and cultural adventure for myself. I rented a car and drove from the Atlantic to the Adriatic and numerous stops in between. To say that this trip changed my life is not far from the truth.

Upon my return from Spain, I decided it was time to branch out from the restaurant world and discover new opportunities for myself in wine. A friend of mine recommended me to be the Brand Ambassador of Ribera del Duero wines for the South Florida region. Why not? I had just been to the region, I speak enough espanol (Tu eres muy guapo...) and I have good relations with many of the wine industry peeps here. I knew it would be a positive challenge, as this is the first time ever that RDD has done a promotion in the United States and they had a lot of goals they want to achieve.



In January, I traveled to NYC for the Ribera del Duero Grand Tasting event that was held at the Puck Building. I was accompanied by the other Brand Ambassadors - Rebecca Chapa of San Francisco, Megan and Brian Wiig of Chicago, Roger Kugler of New York, and April Cullom, the National Brand Ambassador based in NYC. This tasting event featured over 100 producers from the region - again, the first time that an event like this had ever been done by the Denominacion de Origin outside their own region.


This week, I will be visited in Miami/South Beach by April, the team from Gregory White PR who is managing the campaign, and Eduardo Uribe Cane, Director of Communications for the Consejo of Ribera del Duero. Looking forward to that Vega Sicilia seminar, hasta pronto!


To find out what the experts are saying about Ribera del Duero, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny,
    I love your blog & look forward to reading more about your fabulous wine adventures! See you manana:)

    ReplyDelete